the state of being immature
- Romanian: imaturitate
Maturity may refer to:
- Sexual maturity
- Mature technology, a term indicating that a technology has been in use and development for long enough that most of its initial problems have been overcome
- Maturity (geology), a geological term describing rock, source rock, and hydrocarbon generation
- Maturity (sedimentology), a geological term describing the proximity of a sedimentary deposit from its source
- Maturity (finance), a financial term indicating the final date for payment of principal and interest
- Capability Maturity Model, a software engineering term indicating to which extent it is planned how to do things when developing, testing, documenting, maintaining software etc. See also software development process.
- Maturity (psychological), a term used in psychology to indicate that a person responds to the circumstances or environment in an appropriate manner. See also: Developmental Psychology.
immaturity in French: Maturité (homonymie)
adulteration, amateurishness, amateurism, arrestment, babyishness, brand-newness, callowness, childishness, coarseness, crudeness, crudity, defectibility, defectiveness, deficiency, dewiness, erroneousness, fallibility, faultiness, freshness, gloss of novelty, greenness, ignorance, immatureness, impairment, imperfection, imprudence, impurity, inaccuracy, inadequacy, inadequateness, inadvisability, inattention, incompleteness, incompletion, inconsideration, indiscreetness, indiscretion, inexactitude, inexactness, inexpedience, inexperience, infancy, infantilism, injudiciousness, intactness, irrationality, juiciness, juniority, lack, lateness, maidenhood, mediocrity, minority, mint condition, newbornness, newfangledness, newfangleness, newness, nonage, nondevelopment, novelness, novelty, nowness, originality, oversimplicity, oversimplification, patchiness, pompousness, presentness, pristineness, puerilism, puerility, rawness, reasonlessness, recency, recentness, recklessness, reductionism, roughness, rudeness, sappiness, scrappiness, senselessness, short measure, short weight, shortage, shortcoming, simplism, sketchiness, strangeness, stuffiness, the rough, thoughtlessness, unaccustomedness, unacquaintance, unacquaintedness, uncommonness, uncultivation, underdevelopment, undevelopment, unevenness, unexperiencedness, unfamiliarity, unfinish, unfinishedness, unfledgedness, unintelligence, unperfectedness, unpracticedness, unprofessionalism, unprofessionalness, unreason, unreasonableness, unrefinement, unripeness, unsensibleness, unsoundness, unthoughtfulness, unusualness, unwisdom, unwiseness, virginity, want, witlessness